Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The PLUSsizeRunner Part 1

So I I have been on this mission for a few year to Run my first 5K. However will power and laziness were not on the same page and laziness won all the time. With that said I started Plexus a few months ago and fell off the wagon, then I had my transition (Stay at home Mommy to Homemaker). I had tried about a year ago walking our local park, so I started back thinking I could do it. I don't know about you but I need a goal, something to work towards. So I swore up and down I was going to run my first 5k, I can do a 5K, I will run a 5k. Then laziness kicks in and I can catch a few more hours of quite sleep. So I started last Thursday, September 15, I walked 3 laps on our "track". Now just to give you a little knowledge of our park, it's got a track around the park, with tennis courts, pool, play area and baseball/softball fields. The track is about 1/3 of a mile per lap. So you have to make it 3 times around to make a whole mile. So lets go back to Thursday, I just walked the 3 laps and called it a day. So as I got ready to start my Friday "run" I was gunhold on starting back to my light pole theory.  So I started after walking 1/2 a lap, running for 1 light pole (Start at one and finish at the next) and then power walk 2 of them. Well then the bottom fell out, after being so proud of myself I got a call from my oral surgeon that they could do my wisdom teeth surgery in 2 hours, well that lead to no running for 3 days :-(. So I swore up and down I was going to get up and go running, I had to or I was going to loose my mind. I needed something to take my mind off the pain. I'm 31 years old and just had all 4 wisdom teeth removed and let me be frank. I would rather have 10 kids via c-section with no pain killers, lol... So as I started my walk to warm up I had to brace for the wave of pain that was going to hit me shortly. I picked up my left foot and took off from one the first light pole, now Friday, I proudly ran 2 light poles before walking 2 (which I called 2/2). Today I was trying for 3 well I hit pay dirt I did 2/1 and then I suddenly got a burst of energy and made it 3 poles I couldn't believe it, I couldn't believe I had ran three poles before walking 3. I was so happy with myself. I ran 3 before stopping, 3 before calling it quits, 3 before I had to stop. Then all of a sudden a wave of pain hit me like a brick wall and I put my head down and started running until my my leg pain out weighed my mouth. Then all of a sudden I counted I ran 4 poles without stopping, without breaking, without missing a beat. I was so proud of myself, my big ole booty ran 4 poles non-stop. I was so proud of myself. If you haven't ever ran, or never set a goal you don't know the accomplishment I felt by simply making it 4 light poles in a row.  As I sit here typing this all up I can't believe that even with the amount of pain that is radiating out of my mouth, I still have a smile on my face about running 4 light poles.  As a Plus Size Runner it's hard to have motivation, it's hard to see the accomplishments, small and in significant to others that are like the grand canyon to us. As a plus size runner remember MOTIVATE yourself and others will follow. As I ran today I passed a man who was very in a routine, someone not out of shape not having to motivate themselves to make it one more light pole. He smiled and simply said "Your doing Great, You got this." Those few words meant more to me than he will ever know. As I end my story, Get out There and RUN ain't nobody judging you.  Always say encouraging words to passer by's.   and Remember.. YOUR DOING GREAT, YOU GOT THIS.....

See you at the Next Light Pole,

Mandie

No comments:

Post a Comment