Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Apple Muffins Which are not really Muffins :-D

I came up with this recipe when I wanted to make something fast but yummy and didn't want to destroy my kitchen, well Hello Refrigerated Biscuits. :-D I decided that I was going to see what I could do with them and my apple filling and believe me it was a Yummy Idea...


Ingredients:
1 Can of Flaky Biscuits (the regular size not grand)

Apple Filling:
2-2.5 lbs of Green Granny Smith Apples Peeled and chopped into Chuncks
1 Stick of Butter
5 Teaspoons of Light Brown Sugar
1/8 cup of White Sugar
2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg

Instructions:
1) Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2) Melt Butter, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg in Large Skillet add white sugar and apple cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
3) Pull Biscuits in to 2 halves
4) Place one half of the biscuit in the bottom of the Muffin/Cupcake Pan
5) Put in Apples (no Liquid)
6) Place 2nd half of biscuit on top and press down
7) Spoon Juice (from Apple Filling) on to the each biscuit
8) Bake as directed on the biscuit package
9) Let Cool and ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I love apple pie and these look awesome! Couple questions though...

    1. What do you do with the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg? That's not listed in your instructions!

    2. I'm not familiar with "Apple Filling". Do you have a certain brand that you use so I can look it up?

    Thanks! I look forward to trying these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple Filling is the Apple Pie recipe minus the Pie.. LOL..

    Mandie's Apple Filling:
    2-2.5 lbs of Green Granny Smith Apples Peeled and chopped into Chuncks
    1 Stick of Butter
    5 Teaspoons of Light Brown Sugar
    1/8 cup of White Sugar
    2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
    1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg

    I use my large skillet, but whatever you have that will fit the apples is fine.
    Melt your butter, brown sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg over medium to medium-high heat until fully melted the add white sugar.

    Then cook for 1 minute.

    Add apples. Stirring and coating apples well with glaze. Let sit for 5 minitues over medium-low heat.

    ReplyDelete