Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tip # 1: Saving in Bulk

This is my first Saving in Bulk tip..
If you want to buy and bulk and make it work there is one little card that you will need. It's a Sam's or Costco Club Membership.. Yes, if you are a family of more than 1 you need to invest the $40 a year for this membership. If you have children that require diapers or formula this should be on your baby registry list :-D. There are 2 Sam's Clubs closet to me (Atmore, AL) There is one in Mobile, Al and one in Pensacola, Fl. We shop the one in Pensacola,Fl so that food items are Tax Free.. i know that with having a newborn in the house that it's not fun to run out of diapers at 4am, so when I can purchase a box of size 2 diapers (Sams you get a box of 186 diapers for $39.98 which works our to $0.214 a diaper, Wal-mart you would spend $46.50 for same amount of diapers. That is a $6.52 saving a month, if you saved that every month on diapers alone you would save $78.24 in a year thus paying for your membership in savings). Another Savings that I find just impressive is I can buy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast for $1.67 a pound when I buy it by the case. So i normally spend $60 for about 55 to 60lbs of chicken for a month. A 10lb roll of hamburger meat (80/20) I pay around $20.00 for and get 36 - 4oz hamburger patties. There are something I don't suggest buying at Sam's unless you use a lot of it such as fruit and veggies ( we buy strawberries and potatoes but we eat a lot of them. Buying in bulk is good when you A) buy what you need B) store and use and C) When you want and need to save money...

Hope this helps and please feel free to leave comments and questions. I will gladly answer them As soon as I can.

www.samsclub.com
http://www.costco.com/







There is a Trick to Buying in bulk, so check out Trick #1 to Buying in bulk

No comments:

Post a Comment