Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pe-Can Pie

After taking my Apple Muffins over to my neighbors to get their opinion, they requested a Pecan Pie, which I had never made. I wasn't really sure I was up for the challenge until I started looking at recipes. I went to the store to get pecans and came home with a FABULOUS Idea on how to make it. Hence my 1st Pecan Pie:



Ingredients:
1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract ( I use only Pure Vanilla Extract - I get a big bottle at Sam's )
1 bag of pecans or 6-8 oz Chopped or Whole
1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen** deep-dish pie crust

Instructions:
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.

2) Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.

3) Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes

Yes it is that EASY and It was evidently pretty good since it was gone in like 2 days between 3 people that work full time :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment